Antique Shop Goodies

Hello readers!

I think I have a case of the blah's. I don't feel like working out, I'm tired. I don't feel like myself. Here's to helping that a night off of working out and doing things might pull me out of this slump. But nothing makes me happier than writing about what I love, Barbies! (My husband makes me the most happy by the way) :)

Remember this cutie that my dad purchased for me?

 photo IMG_8285_zpsec20c753.jpg

I mentioned that my dad has a booth at a local antique mall where he lives. He found this doll for me at another vendor booth. What I didn't mention at the time was he also purchased two other dolls at the booth as well.

Doll number 1 - 1998 Strawberry Party Barbie

 photo IMG_8255_zps027537db.jpg

She is so cute. Look at that adorable strawberry dress and hat!

 photo IMG_8256_zpsd4b89fca.jpg

She has beautiful green eyes but this is not the typical "Barbie" face. She looks identical to my
Easter Bunny Fun Barbie (the one I put in a pretty springtime dress.)


Okay, time for doll number 2 - Pilot Tommy!

 photo IMG_8248_zps0f9d5fdd.jpg

Oh my goodness, this is just the cutest! I think it was my mom who found this one and put it in the purchase with the other two. My husband flies planes so this one is especially a favorite of mine! This makes two NRFB Kelly Club dolls in my collection. (The other is little Surfer Lorena).

I have a few Barbie projects that I will be starting soon. Maybe sooner than later so I can get out of this blah stage. Maybe I need a vacation?

Project 1: Stacie needs a MAKEOVER in the worst kind of way!


This is Happy Meal Stacie and she has not been touched since I bought her at the thrift store months ago. There are no Stacie (Chelsea) clothes in the store anywhere. I looked at eBay a while ago hoping to find her clothes and the entire Happy Meal Stacie set is really cheap. I don't know, maybe I can find an outfit somewhere or I can make one for her. Anyone know of any doll patterns lying around? If they are for a Skipper I can cut down the pattern and have it fit Stacie. 

Project 2: Remember a while ago I blogged about making matching outfits for myself and then Barbie? Read my matching outfits post. Well, I am almost done making my dress and soon I can start the dress for Barbie. I don't know how it will turn out. My sewing machine skills are less than stellar. I have plenty of spare blonde dolls to showcase my clothing creation though. Here's to hoping it turns out okay!

Until next time!