The Project Begins!

PROJECT UPDATE: After I wrote this post, I got right to work on the project and whoops! Sewing machine is broken!! :( Sad times. I am taking it into a repair shop Monday. Hopefully I'll be back next week with better news (like, a working sewing machine and part of the project completed!) I'll let you know how it goes!


Well friends, winter is upon us. Perfect time to stay inside and work on my project for Barbie!

First, I mentioned that I found a doll at the thrift store. (I found a few dolls but I have to be picky and choosy about what I buy. I have a ton!!)

I think that I might use this one for my courier. She has longer hair and toned down makeup. However she doesn't have articulated arms or legs. She might have to be a rebodied doll.


I mainly bought her for the dress. We love this dress right?


Bummer because the sleeves have been cut off and no pink stole. But other than that, the dress is in GREAT condition.

Not the original doll. She has a little pink crown. Who is she?


Love this dress.


Here is Benny! The doll for my newest project. He is wearing some Ken clothes. They seem to be a little small for him.


And since I have this pink Ken jacket, I am going to take it apart to make the clothes for "Benny."


(Why they came out with this outfit for Ken I don't know. I think the pink jacket is a little much....)

www.amazon.com
Here are the fabrics I have picked out for Benny. Gray pants and that unmistakable black and white check fabric.


So I started by marking which panels were which.


And I also took lots and lots of pictures of the sewing detail. How do they get those tiny seam allowances?

All taken apart!


And pressed!


Since these pictures, I have traced around the parts of the jacket for patterns and made them 3/4" larger. I had to freehand a lot of those so I'm not sure if the larger sizes in the pattern will work (my sketching might be a little off.) But I have lots of the check fabric so we shall see!

Project is underway!

I took these pictures of clothes that I got a while ago but never posted them for ID's! Any clue? (love the white jacket on the left by the way.)


Pretty wedding gown


White dress, fur jacket, and plaid skirt.


Fur cape. Pretty!


Swimsuits and other miscellaneous unmentionables :) I know where the white lacy piece comes from.


Misc veils and a hair piece.


And a Jewel Secrets Ken tux! (A little distressed)


Just got to looking at the 1986 Jewel Secrets dolls. Whitney is beautiful! Steffie head mold!

www.flickriver.com
I will keep you all updated on the project as I start to finish it. Until next time!!