A Super Cool Newcomer

Greetings!

Whenever I am at my local Wal-Mart (or Target, or Fred Meyer, or wherever) I take a cruise down the Barbie aisle. I usually don't see many new dolls which is unfortunate. But my eye caught the clearance table where I saw a ton of these.

www.toysrus.com
I also saw a ton of the little packages with dolls and accessories. I guess they weren't that popular.

As I was walking away from the table to continue my shopping, a box caught my eye.


Of course at that price she just HAD to come home with me. :)

Pilot Barbie is special because my husband is a pilot. We have lots of airplane memorabilia around our house so this will be memorabilia for my Barbie room.

She is adorable.


She even has the cutest little passport.


And because I had a crappy day at work, you know what I am going to do? I'm going to take her out of the box! I can't remember the last time I opened a doll so this is going to be fun.

The cutest diorama. Definitely going to keep her with this. It's so cute.


I like how the hair is rubber banded in. It doesn't create imprints.


As I took extra care cutting off the rubber bands from her hands and legs, I come to find that her head is stuck to the plastic piece that the hat was banded to.


This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. Why does Mattel feel the need to hang tag Barbie's HEAD to the box? I can't tell you how many times i've tried to brush hair from a doll I got at the thrift store only to have the brush get stuck on the hang tag. Anyone else completely annoyed with this?


It's very hard to cut them off as they are so close to her head. Even here with the plastic guarding the hair it was still a challenge. Then I had to cut them shorter and try ever so hard not to cut hair along with it. But it's off and her hair is beautiful and shiny. Gotta love the new doll hair. :)

She's cute! A little pilot shirt with navy pants and silver boots.


I think a jacket would have been a little more pilot-ish but this shirt definitely fits with Barbie.


Okay, the moment you've been waiting for! It's so hard to know how a doll moves when they are stuck in a box. I am pleased to announce that she has articulated knees. Wish her elbows were articulated as well but I am satisfied with the knees.


Her luggage has a wrist hold but doesn't sit very well in the front.


It works when drug behind her though. And it does open!


Oh! I almost forgot! Her hat. Very pleased that it stays on her head!


Her head does not require any special tilt to keep it on. A good design that allows it to stay put!


Another picture of the diorama. Actually I have seen a pink plane so it's not totally out of the ordinary!


The back of the box with other Barbie I can be..'s. Can you name them all?


I have another Barbie I can be. You can check her out here! Like I said in that post, I love Barbie I can be... Especially with being a pilot. The airline pilot industry was entirely dominated by men but I think it's great that women have found their way in as well (rather than just being a stewardess). I know many women who have gone to become successful pilots. One of my friends was even a helicopter pilot in the Coast Guard. Girls can do anything if they set their mind to it!

And I do also want to add that I have seen men be successful stewards as well. It goes both ways!

Do you have Barbie I can be a Pilot? What do you think of her? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time!