Liebster Award


Hello Friends!

I have a surprise post for you all today!


I was given the "Liebster Award!" Woohoo! This is a chance where I get to answer questions given to me by the fabulous barbielea of Barbie Beauties. And really, if you have not checked out her site yet, go do it now. She has some amazing dolls and is the best doll photographer I have ever seen. Seriously not kidding! So thank you barbielea for giving me the Liebster Award and here are my answers to your questions.


1. Do you have a “go-to” doll – if I said the word “doll” to you, which of your dolls would you picture?



This would be my 1989 Wet 'n Wild Teresa doll. She has a beautiful Steffie head mold and was one of the first dolls that I ever got. She has been dressed in seriously EVERY outfit I had growing up. She was the ultimate best doll.



2. Doll people tend to be crafty. What was your last non-doll craft project?

 

My beach ball painting project! In the March 2014 archives of this blog, I posted a little bit about the project. But this project had a little to do with dolls. For my truly truly last non-doll craft project, I made a charm bracelet of props from one of my favorite video games, Zelda. You can check out the pictures on my flickr page here! They were entirely sculped by hand using FIMO clay, painted with acrylic and then coated with an acrylic gloss glaze. It was my project while I was unemployed. It sure ate up a lot of time!

3. Are you a pet person? Do you have a pet and if not, is there a pet you would like to have?

 

I am a pet person...to a degree. On one hand I love having a companion, on the other hand, I love not having anything to take care of or clean up after. But I would love to have a kitty...if my allergies would allow it. Unfortunately I would be miserable but I just love cats.

4. If you were a character from the film “The Breakfast Club”, which one would you be?

 

Great movie. And this is a tough question! I think I am more like Brian "Brain" Johnson. I was typically considered a brain when I was in school and if I were in the same situation with the other members of the cast, they would choose me to write the essay. Also, he had some of the same problems that I went through when I was in high school. But this is a movie that someone can relate to in some way I think. That's what makes it such a great movie. And gotta love that 80's music!

5. How do you feel about Ever After High?

 

I was indifferent when they first came out. But when I saw the Ashlynn Ella and Hunter Huntsman gift set, I was in love. (And just like Monster High, you just gotta love the shoes!) I do not have any yet but would probably like to pickup the originals someday. However here in the states they are about $20 or more each. And since I just made a VERY large purchase (a lot for our new house) these dolls will have to be put on hold.

6. If you got offered a chance to go work in the toy industry in some capacity, would you take it?

 

Probably not. I'm a business girl, I have a masters degree in business administration so if I got a job doing behind-the-scenes work such as finance or running an office (and pays well) then I'm in! I'm not the best when it comes to being creative so I would leave that task up to the professionals.

7. What would you rather be, Country Bumpkin or City Slicker?

 

Honestly, I am the best of both worlds and was serious Country Bumpkin growing up. I would roll around in the dirt, bait my own hooks when I went fishing (and cleaned my own fish!), rode my bike, mowed the lawn, total country!

Now, most likely City Slicker. I don't have a problem getting dirty but I love clothes, makeup, and shoes too much to be a Country Bumpkin. :)

8. Model Muse or Fashionista?

 

Would have to be the Fashionista. I just love all the ways you can pose them! I didn't care that much when I was little but now for displaying on my shelf, there is just something about having fully posable arms and legs that makes them look a little more natural.

9. Do you talk to casual acquaintances about your hobby – is it something you would happily mention the first or second time you met somebody?

 

Funny that I was asked this! I would only mention it if it came up in conversation. For instance: Wednesday nights I teach aqua aerobics at the local pool. I came in one night and none of the male lifeguards knew my name. One guy spoke up "I'm sorry if this is offensive but the first time I saw you I thought 'Barbie.' " (I have long blonde hair which is why he probably came up with that correlation.) I immediately started laughing and told him I do collect Barbie so that wasn't too far off. They were amazed but not too weirded out about it.

I usually hold off on talking about the doll collecting. Some people think it's juvenile and I know I would get weird looks when talking about it! (Hubby gives me weird looks all the time when I talk to him about dolls. :) That's what makes the internet so great. I have found many other collectors who share the same passion I do. And have way larger and better collections than I do as well. I love seeing what others have in their collections and what treasures they have found through the years.

10. What’s your favourite thing about collecting?

 

My most favorite thing about collecting. I have to pick two. First is finding that precious doll at a thrift store or garage sale, taking them home and giving them a makeover! I have not yet tried a reroot or rebody but I have many that are eagerly awating new limbs or heads. I have tons of super cute outfits to dress them in too. I love making them gorgeous again!

And then it would have to be remembering those memories from my childhood. When I pick up a doll that I had when I was a child, I remember some of the times I played with that doll. For instance, I remember all the fun I had with Paint and Dazzle Teresa (and how cool her outfit was because I designed it myself!) Also my brother used to come play with me and he would bring the action figures. Usually his Ghostbusters were saving the Barbies from the ghosts we would put up around my playsets. Fun times those were!

11. If you had to pick one meal that you would have to eat forever from now on, what would it be?

 

Pizza. You have all your food groups, you can eat it hot or cold, and have a multitude of different things you can put on or take off. Plus, I just love pizza and am always craving it!

And if there is something else you want to know, feel free to ask! I'm usually an open book when it comes to talking about my dolls and/or collecting.

Thanks again barbielea!