Day 11: Marvelous Millennium - The Millennium Princess

Y2K. Remember when it was a big deal? I recently found a ball pen from PGE (Portland General Electric, the electric company where I lived) and the pen said "OK with Y2K". I wanted our class motto to be "We are Y2K Compliant". It got voted down. I graduated from high school this year and that was exciting enough. But for some reason I was obsessed with anything that said "Year 2000" on it. Candles, napkins, confetti, party hats, party plates. I had a little display in my room of my "Year 2000" stuff. Want to see what was at the center of my display?

IMG_8074

She fit the theme quite well.

Here we have another velvet and lace winter dream dress. I think they did perfect with capturing the elegance and excitement that went into the new Millennium.

A crown for a princess.

IMG_8075

Mattel brought back the ornament keepsake. There was one with the 1989 and 1990 Happy Holiday dolls. (Can anyone confirm if the 1988 doll had one?)

IMG_8076

She is so beautiful. I really don't have any words to describe her. The velvet and silver is just so befitting of a princess.

IMG_8077

The back of the box reads: "Barbie looks dazzling as she celebrates the new millennium in grand style! She holds a beautiful keepsake of the year 2000 - - a remembrance of this historic moment in time!"

IMG_8078

It really was an awesome moment in time. Remember where you were when the clock hit midnight? I was running up and down the street with noisemakers and Barbie was at the gala dancing the night away.

See you tomorrow!