Day 9: Rippling Ribbons - 1997 Happy Holidays Barbie

Red and silver? Check.
Red and gold? Check.
Poinsettia? Check.
Holly? Check.
Green velvet? Check.
Gold lame? Check.
Faux fur? Check.

What else is left? Ribbons?

IMG_8065

Who would have thought that Barbie could be dressed up like a package. But you know, it works! I love it. It's so different and unique.

One thing that is kind of funny is how far apart her hair is spread. Makes me laugh sometimes! Some of you may remember that I have this doll. I found her at the thrift store this summer. Someone took her out of the box and played with her, good for them! I think the way her hair is packaged makes it bigger when you take it out of the box. Because the one I have, she has really fluffy hair.

Not too crazy about the jewelry but it fits the doll. I think that can be considered a little crown on her head.

IMG_8066

What else is different? She's a brunette! I believe that this doll did come in blond but it was only available in another country or by special order or something. Can anyone confirm?

But who would have thought to make the ribbons ripple down the side of the skirt. Just sensational!

IMG_8067

The back of the box reads: "Wrapped in red ribbons and delicate lace, Barbie is a portrait of holiday grace!"

IMG_8068

They are getting more and more poetic by the year. She is much more flattering out of the box, don't you think? If only the one I bought at the thrift store still had the dress!

See you tomorrow!